Why are chatbots getting so popular?
The purpose of chatbots is to support and scale business teams in their relations with customers. Doing this helps businesses save a lot of money which is why many business owners are adopting this technology. And given the fact that these bots can be placed in places like Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, SMS based or on your own website gives you the potential to reach a bigger audience.
Chatbots may sound like a futuristic notion, but according to Global Web Index statistics, it is said that 75% of internet users are adopting one or more messenger platforms. Although research shows us that each user makes use of an average of 24 apps a month, wherein 80% of the time would be in just 5 apps. This means you can hardly shoot ahead with an app, but you still have high chances to integrate your chatbot with one of these platforms.
1. Available 24*7: I’m sure most of you have experienced listening to the boring music playing while you’re kept on hold by a customer care agent. On an average people spend 7 minutes until they are assigned to an agent. Gone are the days of waiting for the next available operative. Bots are replacing live chat and other forms of contact such as emails and phone calls. Since chat bots are basically virtual robots they never get tired and continue to obey your command. They will continue to operate every day throughout the year without requiring a break. This improves your customer satisfaction and helps you rank highly in your sector.
2. Handling Customers: Us humans are restricted to the number of things we can do at the same time. A study suggests that humans can only concentrate on 3–4 things at the same time. If it goes beyond that you are bound to meet errors. Chatbots on the other hand can simultaneously have conversations with thousands of people. No matter what time of the day it is or how many people are contacting you, every single one of them will be answered instantly.
3. Helps you Save Money: If you are a business owner you are bound have a lot of employees who need to be paid for the work they do. And these expenses just keep adding up as business grows. Chatbots are a one-time investment which helps businesses reduce down on staff required. You could integrate a customer support chatbot in your business to cater to simple queries of customers and pass on only the complex queries to customer support agents.
4. Provides 100% satisfaction to customers: Humans react to others based on their mood and emotions. If an agent is having a good attitude or is in good mood he will most probably talk to customers in a good way. In contrary to this the customer will not be satisfied. Whereas chatbots are bound by some rules and obey them as long as they’re programmed to. They always treat a customer in the most polite and perfect way no matter how rough the person is.
5. Automation of repetitive work: Let’s be honest, no one likes doing the same work again and again over brief period of time. In the case of humans, such tasks are prone to errors. Chatbots now help automate tasks which are to be done frequently and at the right time. Also, now there are numerous slack bots which automate repetitive tasks. This helps people save time and increase productivity.