Mobile Tracking and Consulting Services is going to ask you this question over and over again until we fully understand what your expectations are for purchasing a GPS system.
You see…This is not an easier answer for you to explain to us because you probably don’t know how to answer this question. You may “think” you know what to expect from purchasing a GPS system, but until you actually start using this technology it’s hard to determine what those expectations are going to be. Here’s a few suggestions on how to best answer this very important question:
What are your expectations for purchasing a GPS system?
1. I expect to improve customer service by knowing exactly where my techs are at all times. This will allow me to dispatch the closest vehicle to the job site.
2. I expect to improve billable service because I can better manage “time on the job” by knowing when my techs arrived at the job site, how long they stayed, and when they left.
3. I expect to improve vehicle efficiency by managing my fleets fuel consumption. Knowing which vehicles are performing poorly will allow me to take corrective measures pro-actively.
4. I expect to reduce “overtime” expenses because I’ll know exactly how many hours my techs have worked in real time.
5. I expect to reduce vehicle repairs by better managing my fleets service reminders. I’ll know exactly when my vehicles are due for maintenance, oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
6. I expect to reduce accidents caused by improper driver behavior. Knowing which drivers exhibit harsh breaking and acceleration will allow me to take corrective measures pro-actively.
If you want to learn more about the kinds of expectations YOU should be “expecting” from YOUR GPS system, please give us a call. We’re here to help!